starck-pko works successfully for both international corporate groups and well-known medium-sized companies. Long-lasting customer relationships attest to our high quality standards. Our customers come primarily from the following sectors:
- Mechanical and plant engineering
- Automotive (car/truck – OEM and suppliers)
- Electrical devices
- Medical technology
- Other, such as foodstuffs, jewelry, cosmetics, etc.
Typical tasks from real-world situations:
- Plant engineering: The costs of the current plant type are significantly higher than those of the competition, who are producing significantly higher volumes at a locations with lower wage costs. Are there methods/options for becoming competitive and not losing the unique selling proposition?
- Electrical devices: Our traditional territory is specialized retailing. How can a product be modified to also reach DIY store customers without abandoning our characteristic quality attributes?
- Capital goods industry: What would a product look like that is based on an existing series and is intended to be successful in the Asian market with at least a 40% reduction in production costs (without abandoning our characteristic quality attributes)?
- Automotive industry (OEM): What are our competitors' production costs? What savings potential can be generated by means of benchmarking or product optimization/value analysis?
Market-oriented target cost development – introduction of target costing and implementation in the structure and process organization.
- Automobile suppliers: Integration of sub-suppliers into the improvement process – conducting workshops on-site at sub-suppliers on the basis of internal costing and product-cost optimization ideas.
- Foodstuffs industry: What does our special packaging actually cost? - Where are opportunities for optimization?
Overview of sectors, projects and methods
Here you will find a small selection of clients with whom we have worked together, in some cases, for many years. We would be happy to provide additional, more detailed information in a personal meeting.
Mechanical and plant engineering
|OEM||Cutter (food industry)||Product cost optimization|
|OEM||Packaging machinery||Product cost optimization|
|OEM||Hydroelectric power plants||Target cost determination|
|OEM||Stationary fuel cell||Verification of project target costs|
|OEM||Oiling machines||Design to cost and product strategy|
|Supplier||Pneumatic systems||Value analysis|
|OEM||Wood lamination||Value analysis|
|OEM||Printing presses||Value analysis|
|Supplier||Pneum. brake assist||Target price calculation and brainstorming|
|Supplier||Motorcycle clutches||Supplier program|
|Supplier||Car fuel cell||Purchased part price and value analysis|
|Supplier||Diesel injection system||Purchased part price and value analysis|
|Supplier||Retractable hard tops/soft tops||Purchased-part price and value analysis|
|Supplier||Air heaters||Value analysis|
|Supplier||Tipper bodies||Supplier program|
|OEM||City and overland bus||Target costing (introduction of method and implementation)|
|OEM||Cars – complete vehicle||Benchmarking|
|OEM||Car seats, door panels||Benchmarking|
|OEM||Car interior and structural parts
||Purchased-part price analysis and negotiation|
|OEM||Tractors||Product cost engineering|
|Supplier||Seat adjusters||Purchased-part price analysis|
|OEM||Scales||Design to cost|
|OEM||Hedge clippers||Design to cost|
|OEM||Rotary hammer||Training in purchased-part price analysis|
|OEM||Equipment for operating theaters||Value analysis|
|OEM||Transport systems for medication||Target price calculation and brainstorming|
|OEM||Hospital and nursing home beds||Purchased-part price and value analysis|
|Bicycles||Hydraulic brake system||Value analysis|
|Rail cars||Vehicle modules||PKO and supplier integration|
|Cosmetics||Spray-can production||Target price calculation and brainstorming|
||Containers||Target price calculation and brainstorming|
|Jewelry||Packaging systems||Target price calculation and brainstorming|